I came across a question on Computing.net. I tried to answer, but it wouldn’t let me. It said the post was too old and wouldn’t get a response (and therefore not read/found). If so, how did I come across it?????
So, Below is my answer.


I am not sure of the version we have, but we got it running. Most of the success can be attributed to my co-worker who found out about the null settings. I beleive it is v 3.1. Anyway, you have to set pretty much everything in the XP environment to NULL using the set command. Here is a batch script we use:
**********
Set Path=”“
Set ALLUSERSPROFILE=”“
Set APPDATA=”“
Set AVENGINE=”“
Set CommonProgramFiles=”“
Set COMPUTERNAME=”“
Set ComSpec=”“
Set FILE_SERVER=”“
Set HOMEDRIVE=”“
Set HOMEPATH=”“
Set INOCULAN=”“
Set LOGONSERVER=”“
Set NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=”“
Set NWLANGUAGE=”“
Set NWUSERNAME=”“
Set OS=”“
Set Path=”“
Set PATHEXT=.EXE
Set PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=”“
Set PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=”“
Set PROCESSOR_LEVEL=”“
Set PROCESSOR_REVISION=”“
Set ProgramFiles=”“
Set PROMPT=”“
Set SystemDrive=C:
Set SystemRoot=C:Windows
Set TEMP=”“
Set TMP=”“
Set USERDOMAIN=”“
Set USERNAME=”“
Set USERPROFILE=”“
Set WIN32DMIPATH=”“
Set windir=”“
Set WINDOWS_LOGIN=”“

cd H:choice
first1.exe
exit
**************